Job & Internship Opportunities
Looking for ways to fund your education while gaining real-world experience? Ready to start your post-grad job search? The place to look is Handshake, a new university-wide platform where employers post paid opportunities for students. And don't forget to follow @SOJCCareers on Twitter to see all the latest job postings in your feed.
The Handshake online resource is made for current UO students, with information from the SOJC, University Career Center, and employers all in one place. Log in to Handshake with your DuckID to find:
- Full-time jobs listed by employer, location, and field
- Part-time positions in Eugene, Portland, and beyond
- On- and off-campus work study and internships
- Seasonal work opportunities
- Résumé and cover letter templates
- Field-specific tips and tricks
- Employer information
SOJC students are media and communication professionals in training. To alert our talented students to your internship and job opportunities, you'll need to follow a few easy steps:
1. Create a Handshake employer account. Accounts are approved within 5–7 business days.
2. Post your positions through your employer Handshake account. Here's how:
- Under "Job Function" select Advertising, Media, and PR.
- Under “Major Categories” select Communications.
- Under "Colleges" select Journalism and Communication.