Allen Hall hours
During fall, winter and spring terms (late September through mid-June), the building is open:
- Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
During the summer term (mid-June through September) and during intersessions (mid-December to early January, mid- to late-March), the building is open:
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The building is locked on University-observed holidays (Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day, etc.). When Allen Hall is locked, the building may still be accessed by current students and employees by using the card reader located at each entrance.
Getting after hours access to Allen Hall
- Your UO ID card has an “A-number” above the magnetic strip on the back of the card. If you do not have a UO ID card, visit the Photo ID Office on the bottom floor of the Erb Memorial Union to acquire one.
- Please complete this form. It requires you to login with your DuckID (how you login to Canvas, UO Wireless, UO Email, etc.). Only SOJC students, faculty, and staff will be able to login. Fill out the online request form.
- You will need to provide your full name (as it appears on your ID), your student ID number and the “A-number.” It takes up to 5 business days after you fill out the form to activate your card. Please plan ahead.
Note: ID cards can only be used at entrances to Allen Hall. Hold up your card to the grey electronic reader. A beep will indicate the door has been unlocked. It will lock itself behind you. DO NOT PROP ANY OF THE DOORS OPEN AFTER HOURS OR ON THE WEEKENDS. Any student found doing this will lose his/her privileges to the building or face other sanctions determined by the SOJC, Student Conduct, or Public Safety.