SOJC Majors and Minors
Interdisciplinary Majors and Minors
Prospective undergraduate students are welcome to visit and tour campus. If you would like to sit in on a journalism class and/or speak with a journalism adviser or faculty member, please make arrangements at least three weeks before your visit by emailing our Student Services Center or calling 541-346-2884. Depending on the time of the year, class visits and/or individual appointments may not be available.
During the school year, Allen Hall is open every week day (except for federal holidays). Over the summer (mid-June through September), the building is locked on the weekends. Even if you don’t have a meeting scheduled, you are welcome to walk through the building and see our student work showcased in the hallways. If you visit on a week day between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., come by 134 Allen Hall for a prospective student packet.
- How to Apply
- Student Services: Advising, registration, graduation, information on scholarships, and referrals to other UO resources. Student Services is the office you need to succeed academically.
- Career Services: The time to begin is NOW. Career counseling plus information on internships, mentoring resources, and planning a successful job search.
- Academic Requirements: Information on premajor, full major, minor and general-studies requirements is just the beginning…
- FAQs about the program and requirements for current and new students.
- Scholarships: Information on how to apply for the school’s scholarships. Also links to other scholarship resources.
- Follow us on Twitter – @SOJCAdvising/@SOJCCareers/@UOSOJC – and Facebook!