FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2016 • 1:00-3:15p
Walter Lippmann and John Dewey:
The 90th Anniversary of Publics
What is Media?
University of Oregon in Portland
• Michael Schudson, Journalism, Columbia University
• Chris Russill, Communication and Media Studies, Carleton University, Canada
• Noortje Marres, Interdisciplinary Methodologies, University of Warwick
• Colin Koopman, Philosophy, University of Oregon
• Sue Curry Jansen, Media and Democratic Theory, Muhlenberg College
• Nathan Crick, Communication/Rhetoric, Texas A&M University
• Carl Bybee, Media Studies (roundtable convener) and Jeremy Swartz, Communication (conference co-organizer), University of Oregon
Resources include: primary documents, reviews, commentaries, and more.
Cosponsors: Jonathan Marshall First Amendment Chair, Knight Chair in Communication Research, School of Journalism and Communication, and Turnbull Portland Center.