Prior to joining the UO, Amy Boutell managed the Writing, ESL, and Foreign Language academic support programs at the University of California, Santa Barbara, where she hired, trained, and supervised a staff of tutors and developed a co-curricular creative writing program. At UCSB, Amy served on university-wide committees, including the International Student Task Force and the Dream Scholars Resource Team, and received an Ally Award from the Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity. A native of Eugene, Amy’s background in publishing includes working as a Web Producer at Hearst Magazines.
- Master’s of Fine Arts in Writing, Michener Center for Writers, University of Texas at Austin. James A. Michener Fellow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English and Writing, Barnard College, Columbia University. Summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, departmental honors.
- Gevirtz School of Education, University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
- Certificate of Fellowship. Teacher-Consultant of the South Coast Writing Project.
- Student Affairs Foundations, University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
- Certificate in Student Affairs Core Competencies.