We can all agree this is a spring term like no other. We want to make sure our students, staff, faculty, and alumni are more than prepared to successfully navigate the challenges and opportunities this situation presents.
Review the material below, and the UO COVID-19 site, for more information.
- The UO will provide remote education throughout spring term. Remote resources and academic support are available.
- Standardized testing requirements have changed for students applying to the UO.
- All UO commencement activities, including the School of Journalism and Communication ceremony, will not be in-person events this year.
Get Help — Students and Applicants
- Request a loaner laptop from the UO for the spring term.
- Free remote learning resources are available for students, including Zoom, Adobe Creative Cloud, and online tech support.
- Sign up for a virtual appointment with an SOJC advisor on the Student Services website.
Get Help — Staff and Faculty
- Resources for remote faculty instruction and support are available online.
- Review remote academic advising resources and information.
- Request a loaner online learning tool — like mics, iPads, and webcams.
Give Help — Alumni and Donors
- Give to the Students in Crisis Fund to help all UO students in need.
- Donate to the SOJC Dean’s Fund to help SOJC students specifically.
- Contact Lauren Wilcox, SOJC senior director of development, for information about endowments, student scholarships, and other ways you can help.
- Submit all questions or comments regarding UO Operations and COVID-19 via this online form.
- Contact SOJC Student Services with questions about undergraduate courses, academic requirements, and advising.
- Contact the Graduate Student Services office with questions about graduate courses, requirements, and advising.
- Email Lauren Wilcox, senior director of development, with questions related to alumni and donor support.