UO-Portland StratComm: Marketing+PR messaging, emerging media.
- Social Media Community Manager, Content Strategist, 2004-present
- Reporter, Copy Editor, 1997-2004
Master's degree candidate in Strategic Communications, University of Oregon, 2012
- Specializing in Marketing Communications, PR Writing, Media Relations, and Social Media Strategy.
- Additional studies in Mobile App Design, Finance and Investor Relations.
- Achievements: VP of Marketing and Advertising for C-11 Enterprises (with Nik Warren and Brandon Sprague), the 2010 champion of the StratComm program’s annual Marketing competition -- achieving revenues 46% greater than runners-up and nearly three times greater than the third-place entry.
Bachelor’s degree, Journalism, University of Oregon; Minor in Architecture History
- Alpha Lambda Delta academic honor society, University of Oregon chapter.
- Phi Eta Sigma academic honor society, University of Oregon chapter. Phi Eta Sigma is the third most senior member of the Association of College Honor Societies.
- Activities: Intramural tournaments and full-season sports. Associate Editor of a student-run, twice-monthly campus magazine.
- Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association, 1999, First Place, Better Newspapers Contest, Best Local Column – Division B
- FWAA, 2002, Honorable Mention, National Better Writing Contest: Extended Deadline division