- Thank you for your interest in the School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC)!
Prospective Graduate Students
Prospective Undergraduate Students
Prospective undergraduate students are welcome to visit and tour campus. If you would like to tour Allen Hall, sit in on a journalism class and/or speak with a journalism adviser or faculty member, please make arrangements at least three weeks before your visit by emailing Julia Morrill. Check the academic calendar before planning your visit. Class visits and/or individual appointments are not available every day.
Starting April 1st, half-hour building tours will be available on Mondays (10:30 a.m.) and Fridays (10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.). Please email Julia Morrill to register for one of these tours.
The School of Journalism and Communication participates in Duck Preview and Duck Days.
- How to Apply
- Student Services: Advising, registration, graduation, information on scholarships, and referrals to other UO resources. Student Services is the office you need to succeed academically.
- Career Services: The time to begin is NOW. Career counseling plus information on internships, mentoring resources, and planning a successful job search.
- Survival Guide, the advising manual. Information on premajor, full major, minor and general-studies requirements is just the beginning...
- Quick Question, the advising podcast. Short podcasts address questions frequently asked by students.
- Scholarships: Information on how to apply for the school's scholarships. Also links to other scholarship resources.
- Follow us on Twitter - @SOJCAdvising/@SOJCCareers/@UOSOJC - and Facebook!
Other useful information: