These forms are for undergraduate students only. These requests are reviewed by SOJC Student Services at least once a week. The Undergraduate Program Coordinator will email you confirming your request has been received. If approved, your request will then be sent on to the Registrar’s office for processing. It can take up to two weeks for changes to show up in your student record.
- I wish to add “Pre-Journalism” as a major. This includes “Pre-Advertising”, “Pre-Public Relations” and “Pre-Media Studies.” A minimum UO GPA of 2.00 is required. *** Note: The SOJC is temporarily suspending its pre-major applications for current UO students until Sept. 4, 2018. When we reopen the premajor application, any current UO student who is accepted into pre-major status from that date onward will have to meet the new Fall 2018 major curriculum requirements.***
- I wish to apply for full major status in Journalism, Advertising, Media Studies and/or Public Relations.
- This application is due the last day of the term before you plan to start the Gateway to Media series, even if you are currently completing some of the pre-major requirements. The application will remain pending until grades are released. To be accepted to the SOJC, you need to complete the pre-journalism core classes and have at least a 2.90 UO GPA. If you DO NOT meet the GPA requirement, you can petition for full major status.
- I wish to drop all majors/pre-major in the School of Journalism and Communication from my student records.
For the media studies minor:
- I wish to add or drop the Media Studies minor. A minimum UO GPA of 2.00 is required to add the minor. This minor is not available to SOJC majors.
Hardcopies of these forms are also available in the Student Services Center, 134 Allen Hall.
- Petition to the Undergraduate Affairs Committee
For students who wish to substitute a class and/or request a credit reduction. This petition applies to journalism school requirements only.
- Internship Tracking Form
For full majors who wish to register for internship credit. The form must be filled out in consultation with your faculty adviser.
- Individualized Study Form
For full majors who wish to register for independent study credit. The form must be filled out in consultation with the faculty member supervising the credit.