Welcome to SOJC Career Services!
Your career development is in your hands. It is up to you to take charge of each step within the process, and we, SOJC Student Services, are here to help you along the way.
We can help you with career exploration and research, the internship and job search process, resume review/critique, drafting a cover letter and interview preparation. We offer one-on-one career appointments, career workshops, a career planning class and various career-related events to help you reach your goals.
You can find SOJC Career & Academic Advisers in the Student Services office (134 Allen Hall). Call the front desk at 541-346-2884 for an appointment, or come in during drop-in hours, Monday-Friday 9-11 am and 1-4 pm.
Feature an Alum
See below for advice and updates from some of our recent alumni.
- Interested in getting an internship?
- The SOJC Job and Internship Database has great opportunities added regularly. Follow new postings on Twitter.
- Learn more about these internship opportunities run through our office:
- Explore J 399: Journalism Job/Internship Search Strategies (2 credits, offered winter & spring)
- Additional resources
- Explore ways to get involved and build your portfolio as a student
- External career resources and suggested career readings