These forms are for undergraduate students only. These requests are reviewed by SOJC Student Services at least once a week during fall, winter and spring and at least once a month during summer. The Undergraduate Program Assistant will email you confirming your request has been received. If approved, your request will then be sent on to the Registrar's office for processing. It can take up to two weeks for changes to show up in your student record.
For the major:
- I wish to add “Pre-Journalism” as a major. This includes "Pre-Advertising", "Pre-Public Relations", etc. A minimum UO GPA of 2.00 is required to add Pre-J as a major.
- I wish to apply for full major status.
- This application is due the last day of the term before you plan to start the Gateway to Media series, even if you are currently completing some of the pre-major requirements. The application will remain pending until grades are released.
- If you wish to do the Gateway series this summer, the application/petition deadline is 5 p.m., Friday, June 13, 2014.
- If you wish to begin the Gateway series this fall, the application/petition deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, June 13, 2014 (if you do not intend to do summer school at UO) or 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 15, 2014 (if you intend to do summer school at UO).
- To be accepted to the SOJC, you need to complete the pre-journalism core classes and have at least a 2.90 UO GPA.
- If you DO NOT meet the GPA requirement, you can petition for full major status. If you are petitioning, use the downloadable form below instead of the online form.
- I am already a full major. I wish to add or drop a full major sequence.
- I wish to drop all majors/pre-major in the School of Journalism and Communication from my student records.
For the minor:
Hardcopies of these forms are also available in the Student Services Center.
- Petition for Full Major Status [see above for the deadline]:
For students who do not meed the GPA requirements for admission. Use the application form as a cover sheet for your petition.
- Petition to the Undergraduate Affairs Committee:
For students who wish to substitute a class and/or request a credit reduction. This petition applies to journalism school requirements only.
- Internship Tracking Form:
For full majors who wish to register for internship credit. The form must be filled out in consultation with your faculty adviser.
- Individualized Study Form:
For full majors who wish to register for independent study credit. The form must be filled out in consultation with the faculty member supervising the credit.