These forms are for undergraduate students only. Your request will be reviewed by the student services office. Applications are reviewed at least once a week during fall, winter and spring; and at least once a month in the summer.
If approved, your request will be sent to the registrar’s office to have the change reflected on your student records. It can take up to two weeks for this to happen so plan ahead.
If you are applying for full majors status while still taking your last pre-major core class(es), your application is due by the last day of the term. It will remain pending until the term’s grades are fully released.
You will receive an email from the Undergraduate Program Assistant after your application has been sent to the Office of the Registrar. You will also receive an email if your application is denied.
Online Forms - Select one:
- I wish to add “Pre-Journalism” as a major. [“Pre-journalism” includes “Pre-Advertising”, “Pre-Communication Studies" and “Pre-Public Relations.” A minimum 2.00 UO GPA is required to add pre-journalism as a major.]
- I wish to apply for full major status. [“Full major status" requires completion of the “pre-journalism” core courses and a minimum 2.90 UO GPA. If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may petition for full major status. If you have to petition, do not use this online form. Use the hardcopy application form instead. This form includes guidelines on how to petition for full major status.] DEADLINE: This application is due the last day of the term before the start of the Gateway series.
- If you plan to take Gateway in Summer 2013, the deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, June 14, 2013.
- If you plan to start Gateway in Fall 2013 and will not be taking coureses at UO this summer, the deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, June 14, 2013.
- If you plan to start Gateway in Fall 2013 and will be taking courses at UO this summer, the deadline is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 16, 2013.
- If you plan to start Gateway in Winter 2014, the deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, December 13, 2013.