• $500 Stipend distributed evenly from September-January
• Limited media pass at all home football games, selected away games and bowl game
• Travel with the Oregon Marching Band as Student Staff with all expenses paid and per diem not provided.
Purpose: Create videos for the Oregon Marching Band for promotional and historical purposes.
• Current University of Oregon Journalism student taking a minimum of 8 credits
• Completed J331 before Fall 2012
• Have access to equipment and editing software
• Professional behavior at all times
• Perform all tasks to the satisfaction of the Director of Athletic Bands and Administrative Coordinator.
• Marching band knowledge desired but not required
Duties/Principle Functions: Duties and responsibilities include filming at every home football game, selected away games, selected athletic events, Festival of Bands, selected rehearsals and the bowl game. Completing the following projects:
1. Shoot archival videos of every field performance and store on the Athletic Bands Server weekly.
2. Simultaneously shoot performance video with flip camera (provided) and upload to the Athletic Bands’ YouTube account as a private video. Then e-mail to band for internal viewing.
3. OMB Promotional Video 60-90 seconds: Work with the Oregon Athletic Band Council to develop concept/ script. Shoot and edit video.
Deadlines for the above projects will be discussed and set at hire. Concepts for the above
projects are open to your creativity!