Tom Bivins is author or co-author of several textbooks on mass media ethics, public relations writing, newsletter publication, advertising, and publication design and writing. His professional background includes radio, television, editorial cartooning, poetry, children’s books, and public relations.
Find out more on his website.
- PhD, University of Oregon, 1982
- MFA, University of Alaska, Anchorage, 1976
- BA, University of Alaska, Anchorage, 1974
Areas of Expertise
- Communication ethics
- Communication history
Bivins’ primary research focuses on mass media ethics, with an emphasis on public relations ethics.
- Media Ethics
- Media History
- Philosophy of Communication
- Theoretical Foundations of Communications Ethics
- Editorial Cartooning
- Ethics of Strategic Communication